Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things I See Throughout the Week That Inspire Me

This picture and the one below are taken in my backyard. Trees are a big inspiration in many of my designs.


This is in the corner of my house. I thought this was a cool picture because there was snow everywhere...except this corner! Looking at it would almost make you think it's not 10 degrees outside!


There is an explination for this one. On Christmas day 2 years ago, the wind was so strong it knocked our porch window out, and the glass broke in a million pieces. The frame was custom designed to fit the windows, and with wind and snow blowing into our porch, I needed a quick fix! Growing up with a step-dad who's head of the installation department at his company, I had the supplies handy, and a slight idea of how to go about this...So, this is a little demonstration of my 'installation' techniques. (2 years later & it's still not fixed)



This is my cat, Morris. We've had him sense he was a baby. He grew up with our dog, Peanut, therefore picking up many dog-like traits. He's an indoor cat, but he thinks by going on the porch and walking back into the house, he gets a treat. He plays fetch with the dog's food, then eats it; his favorite time to play is when were doing homework b/c he knows we'll through it He loves attacking the dog, as well as my leg. He sits in the chair next to the only entry way in & out of the living room, and holds his arm out so the dog can't get by. The dog cries until we get up and stop him. But at the end of the night he turns into a baby and sucks his blanket until he falls asleep.


These are just some of the views I pass when I leave my house everyday.




















And here is Peanut. She's a 5yr old female pitbull. They have such a bad name, but she is the biggest baby in the world! All she does is cry; she has more toys then a 2 yr old, gets tons of attention, yet it never ends! She smiles too! It's so hideously ugly, that it's funny! (just impossible 2 get on camera)

And she LOVES snow!











No comments:

Post a Comment